Sunday, February 28, 2010

1st Round Robin Border Done!



This is the photo of my completed border on Ann's Medallion ... far from perfect, but it was made with love. This is my first attempt at the Dresden Plate/Fan pattern, which is one of my favorite block designs. I did enjoy the challenge. After trial and error, I had to hand-applique the fan blades in the end as my machine applique skills are just not up to the skill level of Ann's center block.


I am thinking it was just as well I posted the sketch in this blog. Otherwise I might have wimped out and gone for an easier border. ;-)

I dropped this in the mail to the next quilter tonight at the automated postal center in our main post office .. just in the nick of time before the next RR arrives on my doorstep, I think.

I hope you like it, Ann!

Cheers! :-) Pat

3 comments:

Delia Moran said...

Lovely, lovely, Ms. Pat. I wonder if you'd notice I'm in a different group if I dropped my RR in the mail to you when I was done? ;)

Oh, and I love Haley Westenra. She does a very nice version of Schubert's Ave Maria.

Rebecca P said...

Very beautiful Pat, you did a wonderful job. Your colors are perfect.
Dresden Plate is one of my favorites too.

Scrapatches said...

Delia and Rebecca ... :-)

Thank you, my friends, for your kind comments. I love working on the RR's ... such a challenge! I have Annette's beauty now and I am in awe ... what to do???

I hope next go around I may be in the same group as both of you! You do such lovely work!!

<3 Pat