Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quilting ... quilting ... quilting ...

Ready ... Set ... Go!

It has been so long since I actually machine quilted anything on my home machine that I had to read the manual again to figure out how to install the dual feed walking foot for straight stitch quilting. So I needed a refresher course.


I practiced yesterday by quilting and machine binding two mug rugs made from scrap units from the blue and brown quilt. 


I found my skills were a little rusty.  Far from perfect. Nonetheless, I am pleased with the results and am now working on the table quilt.


The sun is shining so brightly in my window this morning that the shadows are making a bit too much contrast for my eyes to adjust so it is break time.  Tomorrow it is supposed to go up to 100 degrees F in my quilty corner of the world, which will be a very abrupt change from the cool spring we have been having. Tomorrow the AC will be humming and will be staying inside for sure.  Think I will go outside and enjoy the end of spring. 

Then back to quilting later in the day.

Have a happy quilty day ... :) Pat

<3<3<3

1 comment:

Delia said...

Your rusty skills are better than my non-rusty skills. So pretty!