Friday, June 29, 2012

Quilting Sunflowers


I have been quilting the bright summer wallhanging I pieced with the Clothworks Sunfower Kit two summers ago.  With my constant eye problems, it is very slow going.  I am enjoying my slow and steady progress.  These are still some of my favorite fabrics.  I love the colors and design and am trying to use the sunflower motifs and straight line effects in my quilting.

When I take a break from quilting, I have also been sorting through my quilty abundance of fabrics and patterns and books and magazines.  When did all this stuff get here?  I think it has been growing with sponantious quilty combustion of its own in my closets and drawers.  LOL.  ;)

I have enough quilty goodness to keep me busy for many years to come.  Sometime soon I will be setting up my very own sewing room now that the nest is almost empty.  I am spending my computer time looking at sewing rooms and studios and have as many thoughts in my head as I have fat quarters ... which is too say many too many. I am loving the fabric fondling and dreaming of my quilty paradise.

I have also started reading the Cobble Court Quilts series by Marie Bostwick and am enjoying the stories and characters.  I am about halfway through the first book,  A Single Thread. Again, this is slow going because sometimes my eyes just cannot quite focus.

This weekend my guy and I are escaping to the north country to enjoy the beautiful Green Mountains, Lake Champlain and attend the Vermont Quilt Festival and stopping a few quilt shops along the way.  So some more quilty goodies may  somehow follow me home. ;)

Be back soon !
Until then, be safe and happy and healthy and
take time to enjoy the fabric of life.

<3<3<3


No comments: