Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, USA!




It was an American Banner Rose Day for me as you can see by the photo above.  I was not going to buy fabric, of course, but my favorite LQS put this fabulous fabric on a 40% sale for the 4th of July ... and I even won a free Charm Pack! What a great quilty way to celebrate the day. 



I have a mystery plan for this fabric, but it shall have to wait.  I am still quilting my Sunflower Wall Quilt ... and then I have some signature blocks to make ... and then I have a special sewing project for my hubby that has been bumped up in the quilty queue.  Then back to quilting the other Sunflower Quilt sometime thereafter.  A quilter's work is never done.



First here are the photos of the Vermont Quilt Festival.  I took some with my camera, but to see the best of the best go here for a fantastic online quilt show ... VQF Quilt Contest Winners with photos.  Gorgeous quilts!



From my own pictures of the show I am going to post a photo of one of my personal favorites ...




"Stars 101" by Betty Chouinard, VQF
A Blue Ribbon Quilt!

I first met Betty where she works at the Pine Tree Quilt Shop in NH. I took a class where she taught me to hand-piece.   Betty is a wonderful teacher and an amazing quilter.  The pattern is Stars For a New Day by Sue Garman, which Betty resized by half. This quilt is a wall hanging and is paper pieced and the blocks and borders are very, very tiny.    Congratulations, Betty!

Sew Inspiring!

<3<3<3

No comments: