Monday, August 13, 2012

Custom Curtains 101.2


I have the custom cafes completed for my hubby's man cave. As you can see this is a very dark room on the north side of the house so the yellow adds a very much needed splash of sunshine.  These came out really nice!

Here are a few photos for the few curious readers ...

Cutting the border strip again ...

Cutting the fabric down to size ...




Pressing the top rod pocket strips to get then ready to sew ...


Sewing on the rod pocket strips and pressing ...

Sewing the rolled hems on the sides ...


sewing down the rod pockets ...

Topstitiching the seam for the top of the rod pocket ...


Pinning on the bottom border strip and hanging to try them on for size ...


More cutting ...

More sewing ...


The first one done ... yay!


These were very much a design as you go project.  After figuring the first one as I sewed along, I was a bit apprehensive about reproducing five more ...


Six matching cafes!  Yay, again! It worked!  The small detail strips on the border stripe even match up window to window.

 Once in a while I surprise myself ... ;)
On to sewing the (much easier) side panels!

Then there must be custom tie-backs.

Did I mention that my hubby has very particular ideas about how these man cave windows should be dressed?

Custom Curtains 101.3 coming soon ... (I hope)
Have a happy quilty day!
:-)


No comments: