Friday, August 31, 2012

My August Schnibble Top is Done!

My August Schnibble

In the eleventh hour, I have completed Dimestore for the "Another Year of Schnibbles" Quiltalong.  The pattern calls for an outside border of the light background fabric, but I am not sure I want to add this border so for now I am leaving it off and calling this top done. 

The charm packs I used are an older Moda line, "Grand Finale" by Sandy Gervais.  I love fall fabrics and colors so when I saw these charm packs on clearance in the summer sale section at my favorite local quilt shop, I knew these were just what I wanted to use for my August Schnibble.

At 48" square it is already ten inches larger than the finished size of the original pattern.  I planned it this way by cutting my light background squares larger at five inch squares.  I am planning to use it as a fall tablecloth for my round kitchen table and it is a good size now.

Tonight, I am undecided as to how I am going to quilt this.  I had been going to make a very special pieced backing.  It has been suggested that fall leaves quilted in the cream squares would look nice.  I may work out a plan that would allow for both.  I may not. Time ... and my quilty muse ... will tell.

Tomorrow I am going to play with some other fabric and then I am going to quilt the bright sunflower table topper which is ahead of this top in the "quilting queue."

Sweet Quilty Dreams!
 
:-)


 

6 comments:

Dorian said...

Nice job Ms Pat, that will look lovely on your table :)

Sinta Renee said...

Very pretty version of Dimestore Pat! I am so glade that you joined in AYOS! Your Sandy G. fabric is a perfect fit and it is going to be a great Autumn table topper!!

Linda said...

I love your quilt! It's really beautiful!

Delia said...

This came out gorgeous, Pat! (You don't have to listen to my quilting suggestions, either. Obviously. I brainstorm with my fingers. ;) )

I love it. I wish I had seen those charm packs on clearance myself.

Scrapatches said...

Thank you all for the kind comments. :)

Sinta ... thank you also for the warm welcome to the AYOS quilty bees. I love making Miss Rosie's patterns and am really looking forward to making one of her new Little Bites designs this month. :)

Delia ... I had already been thinking that leaves in a varigated thread would look nice in background squares. Your suggestion just affirmed that idea. I am looking forward to getting the pieced backing done, sandwiching them together and deciding then which way the quilting will go. :)

Scrapatches said...

Delia ... B'N'P has some of the jelly rolls left in their summer clearance section and a few of the fabrics with some left on the bolts. Did not see any of these charm packs left the last time I was there. The yardage had not gone into the sale section yet as of Friday. I bought the small piece that was left of one of the blues on her 20% for finishing the bolt. I am watching for the rest to go into clearance. Should happen soon as she has most of the new fall lines shelved ... :) Pat