Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Now in the Quilty Queue

Smallquilttalk September Quilt

The top is done and sandwiched for my version of the Quilt of the Month from the Smallquilttalk Yahoo Group.  This lovely September Challenge Quilt pattern is free from Kathleen Tracy at A Sentimental Quilter.  The center is a Doves in the Window block, one of my favorites.

These are the fabrics I started with ...


These fabrics are an assortment from Andover, Red Rooster and Clothworks that I purchased from Pickering Farm in various baskets at a quilt show booth. The fabric line names are "Candy Corn," Halloween Masquerade and "Funky Fall."  They are sew nice!

As you can see in the finished top, I decided that I needed a less busy neutral for the background fabric and dug one out of my stash.  I also decided to save the orange on cream "Happy Halloween" print for a more dedicated project for this holiday. 

Then I decided to make a design change and piece the center cross and the outer border so I could showcase more of these wonderful fabrics.


calculating the pieced border
 
 
sewing the pieced border in rounds
 
I loved sewing with these fabrics.   I only bought a couple of half yards ands fat quarters of these pretties. I also bought this fat little bundle of yummy ...


Pumpkin Plaids

... and a Halloween panel.  I love these fabrics!   I want more!  

I am plotting and planning my annual fall trek to Pickering Farms. If you love country and primitive and reproduction fabrics and you live in New England, you should visit this shop. It is a little off the beaten track, but is perfectly located in a circa 1790's historic house in the country.

Next month for Halloween, I really want to make this pattern from Jess at the Quilt and Needle ...

Isn't it cute?
You can buy it here ... Cat Magic
 
... and I do not have the right fabrics in my stash!
 How could this be?
 
 Pickering Farm will have just what I need. 
 
Clearly I must go to buy fabrics at Pickering Farm.
 
I am sure my hubby will agree ... ;) Pat


 
 



No comments: