Monday, October 15, 2012

I Am A Quilty Auntie

Hugs and Kisses Blocks

As a Quilty Auntie over the years, I have made many blocks, shared my stash fabrics and pieced and quilted many bright and happy little quilts to welcome these precious bundles of joy into our world.  I like to think it makes the world a much warmer and loving place.  I think most quilters are just trying to cover the world with love, one quilt at a time.  As Quilty Aunties, my quilty friends and I joined together to also make many group quilts for our extended families.

The blocks above, for a Hugs and Kisses Baby Quilt.  This is a free pattern from Quiltpox. I have blogged this pattern before Here. 

Quilty Auntie Hugs and Kisses Quilt

For this quilt was one I also quilted and sewed on the binding. This is one of the tried-and-true, go-to baby quilt patterns for the Quilt & Needle Quilty Aunties. 

We also make charity quilts and special Quilts Of Valor for service men and women who are nominated by forum members.

These Friendship Star blocks will be sewn into a quilt for a young man who has made a career of serving his country in the Coast Guard.  There is a center medallion that uses the Coast Guard Star from Quilter's Cache. The layout for this special quilt was designed by one of the very talented quilters on the Q&N forum and can be found here.

:) New members are always welcome at the Quilt and Needle  :)
 
Hope you will join us!
 
Have a happy quilty day!
 
:-)

No comments: