Friday, November 16, 2012

Making a Sewing Room a Quilty Home

My Sisterhood of Quilters
are now keeping me company in
 My New Sewing Room
 
Miss Dorian knows me sew well. :)
 
This quilt is one of my favorites.  I started it when I went to the Quilt and Needle Retreat in Texas in March, 2009, so that I could meet some of my online quilty friends.  It is a very special quilt for many reasons.  It is one of Jess Smith's Mystery patterns.  Jess kitted it especially for me from fabrics from her shop to which I added one fabric from my stash from home.  I got to start sewing this one with her and her Mom, Miss Connie, and Miss Cindy, Miss Nancy, Miss Jami, Miss Milica, and Miss Lizzie.  I also got to meet some of my other quilty friends and their families.  The sisterhood of quilter's panel is signed by them.  When I sew now in my quilty room, they keep me company. 
 
To read more about this quilt when I finished and entered it in a Q&N Challenge in 2010 read here.
 

I have always loved the colors in this quilt. 

It was a big job to hang as it is a big quilt.  It takes up the entire wall.  I do have more plans for this wall, too.  These are "coming soon."


I am also adding some easy and inexpensive touches to make my sewing space more efficient and organized.  Some of these items, like the thread racks, I actually won in a basket at a quilt show a few years ago and have never had a place to hang them before.

My quilty kitties are settling in, too ...

Butterfly says "Mine!"
 
Katniss says, "No! Mine!"
 
... while attempting to claim "the best spot" and other feline jostling for position.


Obviously, they both want the nice soft flannel bed by the window. There is some hissy fitting but the fur is starting to settle.  Both are assertive and territorial cats, but they are big marshmallows. The may hiss and growl but their fur does not stand on end and they do not go for the neck. If you do not have cats, this means they are not really fighting.

 Pat says, "Excuse me. Mine!"
 
I am working on "Making a Sewing Room Home Part 2"
 
Have a happy quilty day!
 
:)
 


4 comments:

Delia Moran said...

Oh, I always loved that one! It had such movement to it. And your quilty ladies are lovely, as well. :)

Dorian said...

:) I knew that quilt had some kind of sewing friends or something name. lol Sisterhood! That's the word I was looking for. Your room is looking lovely Pat!

scraphappydenise said...

Looks great, Pat! funny 'bout the kitties... mine always wants to "snoop around" in the stash room, but hasn't seemed to find a good spot to claim where I actually stitch...... (More room for me... LOL )

Scrapatches said...

Thanks for cyber stopping by and visiting me and my kitties in our new quilty place, my friends ... :) Pat