Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chelsea - Free Quilt Pattern!

 
It is sew pretty!
 
It is a Free Pattern from
 
Pattern Designed by my talented friend,
 
from
 
 
In  March, I was lucky enough to be a tester for this pattern.
The pretty Chelsea fabrics were not available to me at that time,
so I gathered some fabrics from my stash and a nearby LQS
 
Green/Black/Gray/White Fabrics
 
I dithered awhile about choices and then thought I had them set,
but
when it came time to cut, I made one of those mistakes ... er ...
:) design opportunities :)
 
Really, I thought I had checked twice to cut once but I ended up rechecking twice to cut again with these
 
Final Choice Test Fabrics
 
I did like the results.

Here are my
 
 Blocks
 
and ... um
 
Two Layouts

 
 
Option # 1 - gray center
(this is according to the pattern)
 
... or ...
 
 
 
Option # 2 - green center
(my idea design option)
 
So you see, I still have not pieced this top and finished this quilt.
 
I really would like to get this top pieced.
 
If you would like to help me decide whether to go with
 
#1 ... gray center
or
#2 ... green center
 
Please offer an opinion.
 
Your help is much appreciated.
 
Linking up with ...
 
Better Off Thread

and
 
Quilter in the Closet
 
:-)
 


7 comments:

Katie said...

what a great pattern -- I love the green in the middle because of how it makes it pop more

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a great pattern! I like your green/grey combination :)

Newbie Jen said...

I think I like the green in the center more.

Thanks for linking up!

Linda Crosby said...

I also believe that the green in the center goes well with the block.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I would go for the green... I think it really accentuates that part of the quilt. Very pretty!

Brenda said...

I like the second choice. It really makes a difference.

Dorian said...

What a lovely little quilt Pat. It's a hard decision. hmm, I like them both for different reasons. lol. Have fun finishing it.