Sunday, September 1, 2013

Christmas Ribbons Quilt-a-long

 
Christmas Ribbons Quilt-a-long!
 
Two of my online quilty friends, Annette and Cherie, and I are having a quiltalong just for fun.  We have decided to sew a Christmas Ribbon Quilts

We are all using the Ribbon Quilt pattern from this book ...


Ribbon Quilt  ... page 10/16
 
If you have a copy of this book, please feel free to join us!
The more the merrier!
 
We are mostly staying in touch by email, Since Annette and Cherie do not have blogs.  I will be posting pictures of all our quilty progress.
 
 
 
Annette's Christmas Ribbon Quilt Fabrics
 
 
Annette's Christmas Ribbon Block Layout
 
 
Annette is cutting hers using the book instructions,
 
Pictures of Cherie's Fabrics coming soon!


My Christmas Ribbons Fabrics
 
The fabrics I chose are directional so I am using a different
cutting  method. 

I have cut mine in length of fabric strips ...
 
 
... and then I am cutting my triangles with my 90 degree
Strip Tube Triangle Ruler.
For my September ALYOF Goal
 
 
I want to finish this quilt top!
 
I am linking up today with Shanna @ Fiber of All Sorts
 
 
 
My 1st Christmas Ribbon is started!
 
I have been making sketches and may be designing my own layout
for my Christmas Ribbon Quilt.
 
 
This is a fun and relaxing project and I am taking my time with it.
 

Just Keep Sewing!
  ~ <3 ~
 
 

5 comments:

Glinda ♥ said...

Christmas post? Already, Pat? My, you are ahead of the game ... best I start thinking! Your fabric choices are delightful and how lovely that you will be sharing your friends' progress too ... what fun :)

Annette Moller said...

Love your fabrics Pat and how they lay out!

Frederika said...

So nice your Quilt friendship.

Della said...

Love you fabrics. Can you tell me where you bought them?

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This looks like fun! Congrats on being so organised too :)