Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Pumpkin Scrapatch

 
Kitty in the Pumpkin Patch
 
My tuxedo kitty, Butterfly, looks like a black cat from the back,
so this is her quilt.
 
 
It is a wall hanging so she does not get to curl up on it much, but
 she always finds it and gets as close as she can.
 
I love everything about fall ... the colors ... the leaves ... the crisp apples on the trees ... the pumpkin patches ... the scarecrows and cornstalks ... fall mums ... corn mazes ... and, of course, Fall Quilts!
 
Sew I was very happy to find this fun fall themed blog hop today! 
 
Sunshine in the attic
 
There are some great tutorials in the links and some fun giveaways.
 It is the last day so blog hop to it so you do not miss out!
 
I am not participating in this hop, just enjoying the show
and planning future projects.
I make at least one quilt for fall every year to make my home
cozy and quilty for the cooler weather.
 
These are some of my older quilts.
 
 
This is also one of my first fall quilts.
 
 
The center is a panel.
The border was my first attempt at flying geese.
 
 
I quilted this on my old Brother machine and it was one of my early home quilting efforts.I added a little extra batting under the pumpkins to make them a rounded.
 

I made this quilt last year and blogged about it Here
 

I made freezer paper quilt stencils to quilt this one.
 Tutorial on how I made the freezer paper templates
 and quilted it may be found Here
 
 
Here is a close up of the quilting.
 
Here is a sneak peek at this years' quilt ...
 
 
 
Come back in October as I will be showing you soon for the
 
 
Wicked Blog Hop @ Sew We Quilt
There is a fun 60's Hop happening there now!
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my fall quilts!

Happy Autumn
 
Today in my blog reading, I also found some pretty seasonal clip art for quilters. To see more, Click Here.
Thanks for this Free Fall Clipart to Sew Cal Gal 

Have a Happy Quilty Blog Hopping Day!

:-)
 

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Hi, I love fall and am "sew" happy you linked up my Pumpkin Patch Blog Hop! I enjoyed seeing some of your past quilted fall projects. I was wondering about the freezer paper templates? Do you iron it on and then sew over the freezer paper? Also looking forward to seeing your project in the "Wicked" hop!
Thanks,
Sheri

Mary said...

Fall is lovely, and i adore it too. :). Love love Kitty in Pumpkin Patch wall hanging, and of course Butterfly is beautiful. But that goes without saying, doesn't it? :D

legato1958 said...

I really love your Kitty in Pumpkin Patch wall hanging! I have a little tuxedo cat ,too, who is all black from the back. What a cute idea! It was so nice of you share your other fall quilts . I 'll be looking for your Wicked hop day!

Susie

Createology said...

Your Fall quilts are fabulous. I can see why Butterfly loves "her" pumpkin quilt. Creative Stitching Bliss...

Dorian said...

Lovely quilts my friend :) Cant' wait to see what you are making for the wicked hop.

Quilting Tangent said...

Nice fall quilts.

Rose said...

I like your fall quilts...I need to make a few.

sandra said...

Love your fall quilts especially the pumpkin ones with the kitty. I hope to get some Halloween runner and placemats made.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

So many gorgeous fall colours! I especially like the cat wall hanging :)