Sunday, December 15, 2013

1st Stitchin' Sisters Round Robin Block Arrived!


My 1st Round Robin block has arrived!
 
This beautiful block was made by my friend Annette.
 
Annette does not have a blog.  I keep hinting that she really should have a blog so everyone could see her beautiful work.
Alas,  Annette says she does not have time.
Must be because she is sew busy making beautiful quilts.
 
 
I love the fabrics and colors in this block!
 
Annette makes many beautiful quilts in beautiful fabrics and beautiful patterns.
I wish many more quilters could see Annette's beautiful work.
 
Annette should have a blog.
Maybe we can encourage her to find the time ... ;)
 
Annette found the pattern for this block 
@
  
 
You can find this block pattern HERE
 
I have this beautiful block hanging in my sewing room waiting for it to tell me what I should add for a border. 
 
Last night while I was sewing HSTs for the Quiltville Mystery,I got an idea and sketched a draft for a possible borderand pinned it up next to the block so I could study it some more while I sew.
 
When I am sure I have the right border, I will see what I have for fabrics.
Annette included some extra pieces of her fabrics that she had left after making her block. I may or may not use some of them. Annette has asked us to limit the colors in this quilt to the ones in the center medallion fabrics but we can choose our own fabrics.
 
Looking forward to sewing a border for this beautiful block soon!
 
~ <3 ~
 
 


No comments: