Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hello, Quilt Top!


 My Apple Pie Penny Patch Quilt Top

Penny Patch Quilt-Along

is ready to link up with the other pretty quilts in progress at


Here is a close-up of the fabrics.

My top is an oversized throw, 66" by 78",
with 11 columns and 13 rows
and 143 blocks.

The background is not as scrappy as some of the other quilts
as I really love this 


Riley Blake print on which I based the color scheme and theme of my quilt
and which pulled all the other fabrics together.

When I started this project, I was thinking to make a picnic quilt.

I did encounter some challenges putting this top together.
Read more in A Tale of 20 Blocks.

I do think this cottage style quilt top has enough vintagy appeal to put it on a bed in the summertime, so I am saving the last of the print to make a couple of pillowcases.


For the backing I am going to use this older print from P&B textiles
that has been in my stash for awhile and
the blue apple print and the blocks
that did not make the front of the quilt.

Anyway you slice it, I like pie!

:)


5 comments:

Marsha Cooper said...

Wow to your design!

hydeeannsews said...

goodness, it's amazing how different the design looks with your fabric selection! your little pennies show up so nicely this way. love the name, too. =)

Linda Enneking said...

Thia turned out really nice after the changes you made. I like the blue block you are including on the back. Hope you post a picture of the finished quilt.

Dorian said...

Great job Ms Pat! The backing fabric will fit nicely in with it.

sandra said...

Hi Pat, it is just beautiful and will look lovely on your bed in the summer and the fabric you chose for the back is so pretty and I knew you would find a place for the blue blocks .
I finished the top for my son's quilt it is really scrappy and I was determine not to buy any fabric so had to scramble . I probably won't get it quilted till after Xmas. It was sort of a last minute idea. I am very slow these days and Christmas just around corner. Blessings Sandra