Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Stitchin' Sisters Round Robin Update


Isn't this a sweet block?

It looks so vintage and delicate.

This is the center block medallion my friend Gina has created for our
Stitchin' Sisters Round Robin 2014.

You may see all or medallions and the borders 
that have been added so far 

I will be adding the second border to this pretty quilt in the making sometime next month. I have never added a border to an embroidered block before. 
This will be a lovely new challenge!
I love trying new things.

I have actually been doing some hand-stitching on my current project.
Maybe I am getting in practice for my turn with this pretty.

I am looking forward to seeing the first border on this block,
which will be added by Annette.

The other project that I am working on is the border for Annette's block 
as I have to give my hands a  frequent rest when I am doing the hand stitching. 

I had to do a little fabric shopping to find the right fabrics for Annette's RR.
It was a lot fun taking the block to a nearby shop that I knew would have something to coordinate with the colors in the medallion. The gal in the shop loved the block and was very helpful with finding the right red that was needed. 
I found some great fabrics.
Pictures of my border coming soon!

We are in the midst of a big winter storm here in the northeast.
The flakes are falling fast and furiously.
The school and services are all closed and the only traffic I am hearing on our street are the city plows.

A good day to stay in and sew!

Happy stitching!

~ <3 ~


1 comment:

Mina said...

Can't wait to see this completed