Friday, April 11, 2014

Stitchin' Sisters RR Update ~ My Border of Gina's Medallion




I have this border done and ready to mail!








I cut some dresden fan blades with my Easy Dresden Ruler


These fans are all pieced.
I drew and cut the inner and outer setting templates by hand.

The Stitchin' Sister who added the previous border enclosed some extra fabric from her border and I used this dark blue batik to transition for her border to mine.
The outer turquoise strip is also from fabrics she enclosed.
I will be sending along the scraps from my batik fat quarters for others to use if they would like.


For the corners, I auditioned several ideas and finally dug this one out of a box.


A large quilt in this block has been on my Quilty-To-Do List for a long time.



It makes an 8.5 inch block and is easy curved piecing.

Here are some close-ups of my border:


I was thinking sea glass.


Beach umbrellas.


A soft swish of the sea.


Toes wading in the foam.


I finished this border last night at 1:26AM

Gina, may you enjoy, my friend!

Today will be an easy quilty day.

Linking up today with


and with this new linky party:


May you have a happy day!

:) 

All Rights Reserved  Life in the Scrapatch
http://scrapatches.blogspot.com/2014/04/stitchin-sisters-rr-update-my-border-of.html

6 comments:

Shauna said...

very very pretty, love the colors you chose.

Jeanie said...

Your border turned out really pretty! It's very beautiful, unusual, and creative!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Beautiful border and colors! I started a new link party so if you would like to link up at my blog, I'd love to have you link this Pat.

Marcy said...

Wow! The dresdens are gorgeous and the corners outstanding. Such a dramatic quilt

Dorian said...

Wow Pat, the colors are perfect and the roundness of it brings into mind a whole new look. You did a great job.

StitchinByTheLake said...

That's amazing - just beautiful! blessings, marlene