Monday, June 9, 2014

On My Design Wall


This striking Round Robin in progress 
is on my design wall today.

It is my turn to add to this beauty.


Annette expertly set this RR on point to add the 2nd border.



Gina added the first border on this big bright center block.


This is Tricia's RR and she has her own blog and posted the start of her RR HERE

Working on a round robin is a great learning experience.
Finding the right fabrics and designing a border is only part of the challenge.

Making your cutting and stitching and technique match with the other quilters so that the border will not only look good but fit right can be quite a challenge.

This RR is blessedly flat and square thanks to the expert efforts of my stitchin' sisters
 that have added their borders before me.

Over the years I have had to add borders to work that was not squared and one side might be an inch or two  more or less than the other borders and then it has taken all my skills to "make it work."

I have always done my best to pass along work to the next quilter that plays well with all the borders.

I stash shopped through my fabrics and think I found some that will work really well!


I also have this book out to piece part of the borders.
This shall be fun!
I love this book which was a find on a white elephant table once at a quilt show.

It is time for me to get my border on and send this on!


Linking Up today with all the lovely works in progress on ... 

Design Wall Monday @ Patchwork Times

... many lovely WIPS in the links!


Last day to enter my


Perfect Picnic Quilt Great Giveaway

Winner will be posted tomorrow!

:-)

No comments: