Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mail Call ~ Part Two!



This gorgeous fat quarter bundle also arrive yesterday in my mailbox!

I am sew blessed!

When ...


... posted this fun post about ...


I just had to join in the fun.

I've lost a few Wednesdays myself and never have found them.

However, my Saturdays and Sundays lately have been lovely
 and filled with fabric!

I have found that I can download these fabric swatches, too, 
into my EQ and am playing with the layout now ...


... or maybe ...



... or maybe ...


I am thinking maybe a snowball layout to showcase these pretty fabrics.
This would be a mini quilt using just these fat quarters.
Two of the fabrics in this layout are not a perfect match as they did not have 
the violets on the blue tonal background 
or the light blue splatter print for download.
It will make a pretty little quilt for my table or wall.

EDIT:

I think I got it ...



... this one!

This measures about 22" square,
uses all 8 fat quarters
and does not require more than 1/4 yard of any fabric.
The narrow outer border is actually a flange.


Hope to be sewing with these beauties soon!

Thanks, Ellen!


I am thinking that I have spent so much time petting and playing
with these fabrics that they qualify as another ...



... sew I am linking this up today.

For my other June NewFo starts ...

I started cutting this one ... 



and this one ... 



I have projects all neatly stacked and waiting by my machine for
"the pick of the day"
when I sit down to sew.
.
.
.

and just for kitty and new fabric fun for a future NewFo ...


My Quilty Kitties like boxes of fabric!

We have not started this one yet.

This one will be a NewFO soon, too.

 My quilty kitties and I love the NewFO Challenge.

Thanks, Barbara, for being s lovely NewFO hostess!

... just keep sewing ...

I will get 'em done ... someday ... ;)

<3 <3 <3 

10 comments:

Ellen said...

So many options - I am glad you like the fat quarter bundle!

Kathleen said...

I like the third view. I like how the cream color blocks are fussy cut.

Carol Swift said...

Beautiful purples in that fabric and lots of ways to design it...fun!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous fabrics and they are so soft and feminine looking.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous fabrics and I like all the designs you came up with.

KaHolly said...

What a fun mail day!! I love your choice and can't wait to see it all made.

Needled Mom said...

How fun!!! I love how you can "make your quilt" before you make your quilt!

Cath said...

What fun! and so many lovely choices for your quilt. I am planning on making the Moda trifle quilt as well.......don't know when I will get started.

Dorian said...

Oh so pretty Ms Pat! I love the snowballs with these fabrics. I think you made the right choice :)

Barbara said...

Great work!