Saturday, June 7, 2014

My 500th Post ...



... truth in blogging and a picture is worth a 1000 words.

This is a photo of one corner of my Checkers in the Park Picnic Quilt

I believe this photo shows that my narrow inner blue border measures 1" finished in my quilt
and that my corner is squared.


I posted a tutorial of how I made this quilt HERE 

My tutorial is an accurate description in words and photos as to how I made my quilt.

One of my readers believes that the narrow blue border strips must be cut at 2" 
in order to make this pattern work for her.

If you decide to make a quilt like mine, you may want to take this into consideration.

You may want to cut your strips to 2" to make your quilt.

I always use my own best judgement when I sew and I am sure you do the same.

I do what works for me.


I cut my strips at 1.5 inches.

Above is a close up of the last scrap of my blue border strips.


I squared and trimmed my outer border blocks to 12.5" unfinished 
with my 12.5" square Quilter's Rule.

Honestly ... this is what I did.

My quilt is together and it is square and flat and all my corner seams are matched.


I love my quilt!

I posted my tutorial to share my happy quilt with other quilters.

I always try to be as truthful and as accurate as possible when I put words and photos on my blog.

I have never claimed to be an expert or that I am perfect ...

or even that I make perfect quilts.

I believe that perfection does not exist in human endeavor.

I just do the best I can and "just keep sewing."


Miss Katniss approves.

All is happy and well in my quilty corner..

May your happy place be happy today.

Also ... there is still time to get in on my 


from


so check it out!


Miss Katniss curled up and took a nap on this quilt.
She woke up and rolled for me to rub her tummy as I went to snap her picture.
Then she went back to sleep and her little kitty feet and whiskers were twitching.
I think she was enjoying the scent of the green grass on the quilt
and dreaming of running along the riverbank.

A few minutes later, Miss Katniss moved her nap to a sunny windowsill ...


... and Miss Butterfly came in with dirty little feet from digging in the dirt outside
 to take her turn on the quilt and wash up ...

it is a good thing I know that I can safely wash this quilt.


Miss Butterfly says, "Now how about one of those belly rubs."

Purrrrrrr!

Thanks for reading

:-)

16 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Your quilt is beautiful and it looks like a one inch border to me. Congrats on 500 posts!

Calicojoan said...

500 posts! With a great tutorial too! I am looking forward to starting on my checker quilt. After cleaning up the ole sewing room yesterday, I even found some "moose" fabric that I bought years ago, and forgot about! ;-)

Needled Mom said...

Yep....unless the ruler lies, it looks like a 1" border to me too. It looks great too. Whoo-hoo....500 posts is awesome.

Podunk Pretties said...

Looks great! I'm adding the last borders to mine today!

Jeanie said...

Congrats on your 500th post! I always enjoy your quilting inspiration and the great kitty escapades. Blog on!

Lynda said...

I haven't studied your tutorial, but the ruler does not lie. Your sharing a pattern is a very generous gift. I live such a quiet life that I doubt I would have enough to say to have 500 posts - congrats.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Congratulations on 500 posts.

sandra said...

I love all the patterns that you so generously give to us ,I think you should right a book . I just adore your kitties they are so much fun. Cats and quilts just go together.

Cindy said...

Sharing is caring. I'm glad you care about your followers and I'm sure you post accurate tutorials. Don't let one or two people drive you batty, you did well by not letting them drive you to be catty. Sorry, couldn't help the pun. I have a kitty that lies on any quilt available, even when I'm trying to sew it still.

KaHolly said...

There's always one!! Congrats on your 500th post!

Dorian said...

Congrats on your 500th post my Friend!!

Vickie said...

Congratulations on 500 posts ! And kudos to you for generously taking time to share your wonderful creations with us. Your a SWEETheart Miss Pat !

Suze said...

Pat, Congrats on your marvelous blog and your 500th post! That is quite an accomplishment. You are very, very generous to give us wonderful instructions on how to make the blocks for the quilt (and others). You go, girl! Stick by your guns. Your work is impeccable and as you know I follow you because you are a lady of your word; you make wonderful projects that you generously share with the quilt world; and you bring delight to my world.

Kathleen said...

Your quilt is beautiful and it looks like a one inch boarder to me! I'd cut a 1.5 inch strip to make it too. Congrats on your 500th posting too.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love this quilt. :) blessings, marlene

Carole said...

I really like this little quilt, I think I will make it in pinks for a new great granddaughter.