Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My June ALYOF Goal is Finished!


Baby Boy Quilt Top Done!

For my June Goal for



was to complete this pretty baby quilt top and send it along to the quilter.

This is a group quilt made by the 


for the first grandson of one of these lovely quilty aunties.


Butterfly helped me sew and checked my work. 


Here is a close up of the top.  

Can you spy the whimsical propeller blade?

The baby mommy is planning a patriotic airplane nursery theme 
for this July baby. 

One of the pinwheel blocks "turned the other way" so it makes a fun design twist in the quilt.
The beauty of these group baby quilts is that they are scrappy and one of a kind.
It is the love sewn with every stitch that is the most important part 
of these adorable quilts. 



The quilty aunties sent extra blocks  and our volunteer quilter is making a pieced backing to include all the blocks.
I will post pictures of the finished quilt when it is ready to send to its new home.


Katniss helped me pack up this up and send it along.


This pattern has sweet 3-D prairie points sewn into the outer border.

This is a larger version of this wonderful 


from 


I have seen a lot of pretty baby quilts in blogland and on Pinterest 
made from the great pattern.  

This crisp red, white and blue one may be my personal favorite.

This pattern makes a very good group quilt. 
The quilty aunties have two more baby quilts in the works 
based on this pretty one.

Thanks, Jodi, for the lovely free pattern! 


This pretty pattern and quilt is quilty kitty approved!

May the baby boy be blessed!

Joining in the quilty fun
@

Always some lovely inspiration in the links.
:) 

10 comments:

Sparky said...

this is lovely and very patriotic may I add....something about this colours that is worth celebrating any season

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

Love this! The prairie points add a great touch, too :)

KaHolly said...

Sweet! I think the prairie points frame it very nicely. What a lucky baby boy!

Mara said...

That is a very sweet quilt, you can't go wrong with a pinwheel quilt.

pwl said...

These are so pretty - and you have such great helpers. :-)

Needled Mom said...

I love it and the prairie points are fabulous.

Marcy said...

The pattern looked familiar. I made it in 30s fabric. However it is stunning in red, white and blue. The "misfit" block adds to the charm.

PaintedThread said...

What a cute quilt. I really like the addition of the prairie points.

Sandy Panagos said...

That is such a darling quilt. I love the prairie points on the inner border!

Heidi said...

Cute prairie points, and perfect timing to share this for the holiday coming up!